Lake Garda is an ideal territory to explore on a two-wheeler and it doesn’t matter if it is a mountain bike, a racing bike, a city bike or one of the most modern e-bikes, the largest lake in Italy and in particular, the northern side in Trentino, gives unforgettable emotions.
Water and mountains are two elements that, together, give great impact to the landscape to enjoy riding a bike.
The lakeside cycle paths, the mountain paths, the ancient mule tracks and small villages, the narrow streets of the towns: any bike route will give you here on Lake Garda an emotion all its own.
Here there are routes for everyone, from easy cycling along the lake shore to challenging climbs with great differences in height and technical descents for the most extreme bikers. And, if you are a mountain fan or a lover of long bike rides, modern e-bikes will help you to “fulfil” your dream as a cyclist with a little help or assisted cycling.
The models and types are many but, once you choose your ideal e-bike, you just have to choose your favourite route. Here we suggest 5! Follow our top 5 e-bike routes on Lake Garda!
1. Ponale. The most famous cycle-pedestrian route of Lake Garda, very panoramic, with important historical details and not too demanding. Walking along the Ponale path with your own e-mountain bike will be an unforgettable experience. The route was the old road that led from Riva del Garda to Lake Ledro. Climbing along the dirt road, the view and the route becomes more and more spectacular and alternates stretches overlooking the lake with exceptional views to short tunnels carved into the rock, a unique experience to do if you are in the area.
2. Tremalzo. Another super panoramic route and perfect also with the e-mtb! The route from Ledro on the legendary Road to Tremalzo is one of the most popular mountain bike tours in Garda region. Go there by our e-mtb will to get the pleasure of this mythical route!
3. Lake Tenno. You will love it, we are sure of it. The most emerald lake in Italy is an enchantment! It is an ideal tour for those who, albeit with a fair amount of preparation or on a bike with pedal assistance, want to avoid technical routes and do not disdain pedalling on asphalt.
4. Tour of the “Busa”. The northern part of Lake Garda, called “busa” (that means “hole”), is for many the most enchanting and the most suitable for a cycling holiday. This tour is ideal for an e-bike (instead of e-mtb), very simple, with refreshment and recharge points. A tour to discover the most beautiful urban centres on the northern side of Lake Garda. You will visit fairy.tale places such as Riva del Garda, Arco and Torbole sul Garda. A dream!
5. Marocche. Another easy route to take with the e-mtb is that of the Marche di Dro. A unique landscape, “lunar”. This route develops on the western bank of the river Sarca, with long stretches on comfortable forest, at the foot of some famous climbing walls; on the return, on the opposite side of the river, mostly on a bike path. The slopes, never excessive and the places of interest such as the hermitage of San Paolo, the Zebrate Walls and the wall of Monte Brento, make this route a beautiful moment to share with family or friends.
What about the refills? In the evening, tired after the rides (as assisted), you just want to pamper yourself a bit. The ideal accommodation becomes essential to enjoy the best of your holiday on Lake Garda. So there is room for overnight stays “targeted” to your needs. An example? Residence Toblini and Casa al Lago! The Residence Toblini – whose services can also be used by guests of Casa al Lago – has an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a sauna cabin (to relax the muscles after training) and … especially a brand new and modern bike depot with a column for charging electric bikes!
Live your holidays without worries, book now your holiday on Lake Garda and … go ahead with your e-bike!