Torbole is a gem. A quaint, colorful, suggestive village, kissed by the sun and caressed by the wind, the well-known Ora.
Everything here has a Mediterranean feel: olive trees, palms, aromatic plants, but it’s all embraced by tall, green mountains: the Prealps!
This fairytale-like, enchanting spot is the ideal destination for your holidays. Want to know why? It encompasses in itself both north and south, mountains and beaches, wind and sun. Think you’ll get bored? That’s impossible!
If you only have a weekend to spend, or if you’re just passing through, we recommend 5 must-sees in Torbole on Lake Garda, for an exciting holiday!
So are you ready? Let’s begin!
- The Panoramic Point. Want to take a photo for your social media profiles? Then this is the ideal place! It’s a panoramic point built out of a short, rocky clearing that overlooks Torbole. From here, you can look across the houses below and the lake, and also see the remains of wall structures dating back to a housing settlement or perhaps a tower. A romantic spot that you must see at sunset, when the sunlight turns warm and golden and reflects onto the mountains and lake!
- The Giant’s kettles. What are these? These potholes, which originate from glaciers, are formed by water produced by thawing ice and snow from the glaciers. Along with these, you can also admire other glacial phenomena in the area, such as glacial falls, roche moutonnées, slickensides, and striated rock formations. The main potholes are located near the panoramic road, overlooking the lake, which connects Nago to Torbole. Taking a nice stroll to explore these important wonders of undeniable beauty is definitely a must.
- The Old Customs House. One of the first things you’ll notice when you arrive in Torbole is this charming little house, which “rests” gently on the edge of the lake, and is always adorned with fresh, colorful flowers. It was once the Austrian customs headquarters. Since Torbole is a border town, it was always subjected to controls by Austrian customs officers during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. After you’ve taken a look at the old Customs House, you can sit down on one of the benches nearby and enjoy some good homemade ice cream as you relax and take in the view!
- Busatte-Tempesta Trail. Along with the Ponale, this is the most breathtaking and incredibly panoramic hiking trail in the area! Itssheer, 387 steps offers even more reason to stop and capture a memory! But you can also stop and rest on lovely benches and admire the immensity of Lake Garda!
- The wind. Yes, we are ironic. We obviously can’t get rid of it, but we’d really like to invite you to pleasantly experience this unique element, which is typical to Torbole more than to any other place on Lake Garda. International regattas have made Torbole famous in the past and present, and it’s still a point of reference for all sailing and windsurfing enthusiasts. The Ora, the Peler, and other regularly blowing winds caress Torbole every day and allow you to experience a summer holiday without suffering the heat! Sunbathing will be just delightful!
Wouldn’t you like a summer to the tune of sun, wind, crystal clear waters, mountains, hiking, biking, and water sports? You can have all this in Torbole and, if you’re apartment hunting, then the Toblini Apartments is your destination, where everything is perfectly organized to welcome you in total safety: a modern design, top-level cleaning, a well-kept garden, swimming pools, bike and sail storage, safe convenient parking, and even the beach and historic center just a few meters away.
Choose your ideal apartment now, in a modern atmosphere, where your privacy is always respected, and start your holiday as soon as your heart desires. It’s time to live your dream!